1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Site rules and such (reminder)

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by CincyHVAC, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CincyHVAC

CincyHVAC Hoptimus Prime, Master of Beer-Fu

In light of recent activities, HPF feels the need to reiterate a few rules:

In order to maintain a positive atmosphere, no personal attacks or insults will be tolerated. While discussions may become heated, it is not an excuse to result to attacks or insults. There is a difference between a passionate, respectful discussion and one that delves into personal matters. Think of it as debating issues, not individuals. When the line is crossed, the discussion may be closed by the moderation team. Violators will be warned and potentially banned.

Moderators and Administrators Have the Final Word!!
    If you have a problem or a complaint, direct it to the administrators and/or moderators, not to the boards. The appropriate actions will be taken. We reserve the right to ban flagrant offenders when deemed necessary, with or without prior warning.

1. HPF operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
    2. Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
    3. Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban or other moderator action will lead to a permanent ban of your account(s). Circumvention includes re-registering or using an already registered account under a non-banned username. Other examples include changing IP addresses, using a new email account or other action that can be taken to evade moderator action to hide your identity as the owner of the sanctioned account.
    4. An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
    5. Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While HPF may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
    Please use the "Report post" function
    Look at the right side of this post, toward the top. The third icon from the right [​IMG] That's the "report post" icon. Click it, and you can send a note to a moderator about any post you find inappropriate.

If you use the "report post" function, the report will go to the board's moderator/s or administrators. This doesn't mean we'll always agree that the post is problematic, but we will always listen. If you get no response and don't see that the problem is solved, it could mean that the mod is away or didn't get the note. In that case, please send a follow-up by PM.

Use the "Contact Us" tab on the bottom of any page to e-mail the webmaster directly.

Thank you for your support.

2. Bender

Bender Regional Technical Beer Drinker

Hmmmmmmnnn..........

3. jpb2

jpb2 Dog Tard *

Ok.......

4. Lurk

Lurk New Member

and so it begins, lol.

jk :D

REALLY Just Kidding

5. Swampfox

Swampfox red tagged

Next there will be DIY ads, just wait and see

6. Lurk

Lurk New Member

:mrbill:L M A O

7. A/C guy's girl

A/C guy's girl been there done that...whats next ?

:bowdown: :patriot: okey dokey..

8. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

Sounds like a plan

9. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

Dang the site sure is growing.
    I will ask for the sins I have committed in the past be forgiven.

10. Mcool

Mcool Pipe layer

I must miss the good stuff.
    A few days ago I left when I saw another rules thread.
    Then I sign on today,more rules threads

11. Roadhouse

Roadhouse New Member

Bring it. :D

12. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

Sir....yes Sir :patriot: I must be on strike 2 1/2 by now I got to behave now.:mrbill:

13. dezerttech

dezerttech Not passing go or collecting $200

Spanish Eggs................ :biggrin:

14. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

phb must have got a big raise he's really cracking the whip lately.:D

15. Stephy

Stephy Dawg

It's his maternal instinct, but if he sets a curfew, I'm gonna ask for more alowance.......

:joy:

16. CincyHVAC

This is not a joke. I actually hold that button. You've already had a warning today. Don't make it two.

:D back at'cha.

17. Bankey

Bankey I'm Something Else

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2QZW1mexhQ"]YouTube - Coca Cola Christmas I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing add[/ame]

18. Jay 41

Jay 41 Whole-ass

I thought there was a rule about offensive avatars?

That big headed Reds guy fits that bill.:lachen:

19. Jay 41

Jay 41 Whole-ass

If I wanted less freedom of speech, I'd spend more time with my wife.:shocked:

I'm done now.:lachen:

20. CincyHVAC

It's pretty simple. Nobody likes an over-moderated site. Stick with the rules, and there's no need for Mods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.