1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Static Pressure Thread: Air Handlers

Discussion in 'Residential' started by Doc, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Andy G

Andy G Riff raff

Yeah like my A/C takes 2 hours to cool my house from 85 to 66. I need a stronger system.

OK how much money ya got?

2. Fat Eddy

Fat Eddy Later

Andy you need to shut the doors when you have the air conditioner on, try that and get back to us.

3. Andy G

Andy G Riff raff

But my goats come in and out all the time

If I try to close a door, one of them butts me in the balls.

Now what do I do?

4. Fat Eddy

Fat Eddy Later

You need an occupancy sensor then.

5. Andy G

Andy G Riff raff

If I am butted out the door, the goats have occupancy and control?

6. SlimWoodie

SlimWoodie I Be Bant

aaahhh ...

I used ta sell Webco ..

afore's i went back to Earning a living ..:)

7. Andy G

Andy G Riff raff

As a service tech I actually sell some Lennox

Most people trust a service tech more than a salesman :D

8. refrigerationtech

refrigerationtech Nut Case!

been reading this and got my interests too. i have a goodman furnace tied into a 2.0t a/c ( prev 1.5). furnace says can handle up to a 3 ton a/c for airflow requirements. although i got to say that i find now its little bit hotter upstairs then before. i had a old lennox g24 furnace that got converted to this 2 pip high eff one. think its a 75000- 85000 btu one.

i got to run a few more tests and post the results but the fan curve data sheet could be found for the goodman;s?

9. Doc

Doc Insert clever and witty comment here

Post a model number of the goodman and I'll get you the fan data rt.

10. Bender

Bender Regional Technical Beer Drinker

As Doc said....post your model number....I have access to Goodman's fan data stuff also....

Can't wait to see your numbers from your testing....I love learning shit....:shots:

11. John Picco

John Picco New Member

To measure the total system static pressure, you would need to add up the pressure reading on the supply side and the negative pressure reading that was taken upstream of the filter. .35" WC on the return and .1"WC on the supply= .45"WC total system static pressure. Hope this helps.

12. fixittillitsbroke

fixittillitsbroke New Member

can a dirty blower wheel affect your static pressure readings and how much is acceptable

13. southern_tech

southern_tech New Member

Anyone ever take a Manual D duct class.. ? they spent time on statics and using the magnehelic.. but a lot of it comes down to how is the duct system in the house/condo pre-install cause not having enough return air or not enough supply your static readings don't mean much til you get a reading and add a return or supply then take another reading and add accordingly and take another reading and so fourth, and a lot of sales guys and even techs i see rely on a ductulator and you can throw those out the window with there stats on them til you get the statics right. if you never took a Manual D class i recommend it, its a lot of math but interesting. For those that are new to ductwork know that 90 in the pic on the return accounts for like 20-30 ft alone and you will learn sometimes the furthest drop from a A/H in a house is not always the furthest. the closest one sometimes depending on the duct system can be the furthest

14. jrbenny

jrbenny Yuge member

Am I missing the boat here? I had an engineer tell me that I was measuring esp wrong on the gas furnace. He told me that the 0.60 iwc number is not what you use.

:rolleyes:

http://db.tt/VRV07FJI

Doc

15. Chuck

Chuck The Other Dude

He's wrong.

16. ISOTHERMAL

ISOTHERMAL senior member

his job title says it all.
    have him show you, in print, how to measure esp

17. jrbenny

jrbenny Yuge member

I asked him for a reference. :-D

18. jrbenny

jrbenny Yuge member

Fuggin engineer. Sitting here thinking about him and his lackey. Both of them told me the blower curves included the coil and filters. Dolts.

19. Jay 41

Jay 41 Whole-ass

Lennox includes the filter.:shocked:

20. jrbenny

jrbenny Yuge member

Only a rock catcher at 600 fpm. Usually a 0.04 iwc pressure drop.