1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Thermal Imaging Smartphone style

Discussion in 'Tools and Test Equip' started by GTT, Nov 16, 2016.

1. knave

knave Undeterred

I thought the thermal res was 4x better on the pro.

2. knave

knave Undeterred

Would be so nice to have accurate temps.
    Also great for frozen hydronic loops in floors, etc.

3. MOFO the psychic gorilla

MOFO the psychic gorilla sitting on two achers

There are two cameras on the Flir that blends the ir and visible images together. As far as I can tell the Flir One Pro only upgrades the visible camera (to 1440x1080) and the ir camera is the same as the previous "One" model.

160x120 thermal camera on the Flir One Pro and the previous 2nd Gen "One"

Looks like new base model "One" that is 50 bucks cheaper than the 2nd Gen "One" got the 80x60 thermal sensor that came in the original camera which was a full over case for the iPhone 5

In comparison the SEEK Pro has a 360x240 thermal
    camera.

4. Tap

Tap i hate it when a velociraptor throws poop at me

5. MOFO the psychic gorilla

MOFO the psychic gorilla sitting on two achers

Is that right?
    Didn't get a chance to read that through yet and I don't know much about thermal imaging but the camera in the article shows a 160x120 thermal camera which would equal those 19,200 spots they talk about.

So the 2nd Gen Flir One (160x120) and the new Flir One Pro (160x120) would be reading just as many spots as the one in the article.
    In the apps of the tiny cameras they also show where you can read the temp of all points on the image.