1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Tracer SC Problem

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by wally wimple, Dec 21, 2017.

1. wally wimple

wally wimple New Member

Tracer SC, TBT, PM014, UC600, & XM30. CCAQ 0 60 Chiller. The chiller IS communicating with the SC, but there are no values displaying in the Tracer display on my laptop. What might I look for?
    I ran a report on current alarms and got 27 pages because of a lot of values showing up as false.
    Could not load key mappings on the UC600 .
    There are 2 equipment templates entitled MCS_BMS_Gateway and MCS_BMS_Gateway_. The first one is generic in family and type and not in use, but has the faulted values listed in the report (/equipment/chlr/generic/5/point/bo/20/). The second one is Chiller/ Air cooled Scroll and in use.
    The chiller had locked out the 4 compressors, but that does not show up in the alarms report, nor was a message sent out about the faults.
    The MCS-BMS Gateway on chiller has a red led (ERR) lit constantly and RX/TX leds blinking constantly. 2 purple cables run but only using 1. Maybe wrong one? Will check tomorrow.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  2. wally wimple

wally wimple New Member

MCS Gateway has a label directing that BACnet ID for Magnum board (main board on chiller) is to be set to 18110. It is 12001. I need higher authority to change BACnet id. 2112 is only service level. Anybody out there know a higher authority number?

3. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

first question....has your disrupter, er computer ever connected before with success.

just a guess....if its getting alarms for null values, your problem is communications inside the machine.

4. wally wimple

wally wimple New Member

I never had looked to see if Tracer program was showing the chiller's values. It has been running for going on three years. I used the Tracer to monitor the VAV boxes mostly. This is the first time I have really gotten into this system. I would imagine though, that the chiller never has communicated with the Tracer program. Compressors have locked out before without an alert message being sent, while problems with VAV system have had alerts sent. I believe the BACnet ID was wrong from the get go.

5. wally wimple

wally wimple New Member

Solved! I managed to get the password and changed the BACnet ID for the chiller and that corrected the problem. Tracer now has values from the chiller.

6. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

7. pintofstout

pintofstout New Member

Thank you for following up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk