1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Trane chiller

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by Ballvalve79, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Jon

Jon Team Canada

Boss makes a dolla i make a dime, thats why i poop on company time

2. mike1020

mike1020 entitled millennial

The first thing I do when I get to a store is log in to Verisae.

Then I go and take a dump.

LemonWizard, Zman, Tap and 2 others like this.
  3. doc havoc

doc havoc A cunning linguist

Of course his butt hurt! It got phucked with a cactus!:lachen:

Tap likes this.
  4. refer238

refer238 New Member

Trane parts has nothing to do with Trane service. Blame your counter guy for not knowing what he's looking at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Ballvalve79

Ballvalve79 It's only fire what could go wrong

Where I'm located (northwestern pa ) you must buy from a certain dealer in buffalo ny. They run service and parts all from the same place. Believe me it might be two businesses on paper, but I promise you that as soon as he had the model and serial there was a "courtesy call" from the service dept to MY customer. It has happened way too many times. Just gives ya that warm fuzzy feeling when ya call up there.

6. mike1020

Yep that has happened to us also

7. refer238

refer238 New Member

Was it a Trane office or a Trane dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Ballvalve79

Sounds like it's a business plan lol.

9. Ballvalve79

Dealer. If you're buying Trane in my area you will buy from them period. Exclude s residential.

10. Chuck

Chuck The Other Dude

It's a trane corporate office, not a dealer. A dealer is a contractor who installs trane equipment. Trane corporate has there own parts and service offices.

11. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

Here, the TRANE office is one of the few remaining franchises. They played those silly games years ago and pissed everyone off. They lost a lot of business and stopped doing it. Now they take a different approach......They sell project direct to owner groups. For example, they will help lay out a system say rooftop units and VAV boxes. They "presell" the equipment to the owner, who then puts the project out for bid. The installing contractor is responsible for receiving, setting the equipment, hanging vav boxes and ductwork. The local office then subs out the wiring of the controls and does the commissioning with their people. Its still shitty, but at least they are honest with the parts biz. In fact ,they opened stores separately to distribute parts.

12. mike1020

Hobart is just as bad.

I was working on a Baxter (Hobart) rack oven, we called to order parts and they wanted the serial number.

They used the serial number to know where the unit was installed at.

They then called the store to talk them into having Hobart send a Hobart tech out.

Target has those same identical ovens, and Target uses Hobart exclusively. I was on a refrigeration call at target a few days later and I went into the bakery and wrote down the serial number off a Target oven.

A few months later I was working on one of those units at a different site. I needed parts from Hobart, rather than give them the serial number for the unit I was working on, I gave them the serial number off the Target unit.

Lol. They were probably pretty pissed when the parts guy gave the serial number to the service department and **thought** I was working on a target oven.

otto, sline-dawg and Chuck like this.
  13. Chuck

Chuck The Other Dude

:lachen:

14. mike1020

When you work at Big S, I will give you the master list of model and serial numbers off of Hobart equipment at places we don't fix cooking equipment at.

15. Ballvalve79

I gave the model and said the serial was illegible. That usually works to keep em outta your back yard. This time the parts man says there are too many options on this machine and I have to give him as much number as I have. Sucks but the alternative is having him not help at all.

16. Tap

Tap i hate it when a velociraptor throws poop at me

Give me the m and sn ill give you the part # you need,

17. otto

otto Bakery Chef

We lost an account with three Trane Intellipak units on the roof. I had straightened out a lot of problems that they didn't even know about. Now I wonder who is doing the service. I can still get access to the roof. Not really worth my time but I would like to know if it's Trane. It was a nice, easy account after fixing things pretty much belts and filters and an occasional VAV reheat coil.

18. Ballvalve79

Thanks Tap I have the pieces just haven't made the repiars yet. It's been pretty cool here and haven't needed it. Also it's a college dorm so the pressure is off. I have tech veiw in my laptop now and it doesn't look too hard to bind the new sensors in.

Tap likes this.
  19. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

same deal, six intellipacks, but it was a Sears and they are closing anyway, lol.

20. mike1020

Will be interesting to see what happens with Sears.

The store here keeps getting more and more inventory.

Don't know if it's just inventory from closed stores or if they actually do that much volume at the store here.