1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Trane CRHR500 handhole gaskets

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by otto, Nov 7, 2017.

1. otto

otto Bakery Chef

Got a customer that the handhole gaskets are weeping a bit of oil. He wants the gaskets replaced. Of course I will also do an oil change, all 3.25 gallons of it. My questions: Do you just replace the gasket as normal? Anything I should be prepped for in doing this? Any other things I should do at the same time? Never took one of these apart before.
    Also it has two unloaders. R22 water cooled condensers. What would you set the unloaders at? It just gives me a brain fart. It is not a pump down system but there is a LLSV to prevent migration. Do the unloader settings overlap? It seems like unloaded is OK, then one loads up but when the third loads up it unloads the second one. I am just a bit confused. I know how they work, just not sure where to set them. They're operated from separate LP controls.

2. HMD

HMD does it matter?

i don't have anything electronic. most likely on paper, in the carage.
    model 'R'?

3. HMD

HMD does it matter?

jah, 'r'.
    you got manual?
    i just downloaded it

4. HMD

HMD does it matter?

out of adjustment?
    you'll want to set it up, to attempt to minimize cycling, and rapid operation.
    dx, i assume?

5. otto

otto Bakery Chef

Yes, it's DX. Last time I was there they didn't have much of a load. 4 pip system in a high rise. Handles the load OK when it needs to.
    I'll look more at them in the spring. Maybe I just need to torque up the existing gaskets but, they'll get new ones anyway since they're already ordered and it's a good day of work indoors on a cold day.

6. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

wipe out sump where possible to remove residual crap if you are opening and changing oil.

otto likes this.
  7. HMD

HMD does it matter?

when you have the sump open, you can manipulate and then remove, the oil strainer for inspection.
    and i think there's some magnets somewhere in side.
    + carefully leak check the compressor electric terminals. those like to leak

otto likes this.