1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Well I thought I was going to retire

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by oroy54, Apr 19, 2009.

1. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

June 30th was to be my last day. I got called into the Plant Operations Managers office Friday morning. He knew I was unhappy where I am. He asked if we could "Make a Deal" If I would stay until the end of the year.
    That Ammonia refereration project got put on Hold...but is on again. That would my project. Ethhylene and ethane seperation.
    I was counting down the days until June 30. I need to give him an answer soon.

2. HMD

HMD does it matter?

keep cashing their checks! :biggrin:

3. CincyHVAC

CincyHVAC Hoptimus Prime, Master of Beer-Fu

I'd be asking for a raise, if they need you so much.............:thumb:

4. Bankey

Bankey I'm Something Else

retire....and go back on contract at ddouble your wage......

5. Snoring Beagle

Snoring Beagle Need Little - Want Less - Love More

Take the money and run...

6. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

I will say yes if they leave me out of the Company, Dialog and Core Competency BS. Yes, the money is good already.

7. Stephy

Stephy Dawg

You should be flattered.........

Whats a few months?

You're too young to retire any way......

:D

8. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

Well, Stephen you are right. It is hard to follow a project to startup without knowing your subject. I told the Manager that this site is "Blocked" there at work. And I get help and info from you guys. He said he would call the IT group in Houston and get it unblocked for me. :)

9. pipe31

pipe31 pipe31

Do you feel like retiring now?

10. Stephy

Stephy Dawg

Careful Roy....

IMO those IT fellas really don't have much of a sense of humor.....:shocked:

:D

11. absrbrtek

absrbrtek Pleb

You got my number if you have any problems.

12. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

Thanks abs, the Manager told me that I would need fly to the construction site of the unit. In Pennsylvania somewhere. Then go through this Virtual Unit. To see where the valves, xmitters, ladder cages are on this unit. Ya know, the more I get relaxed the better it sounds.

13. NZ All Blacks Fan

NZ All Blacks Fan Just Another swinging Dick

Good luck olroy

as elvis said all you need is some one to love you and something to do

14. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

Yes I do.

15. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

I worked on a hydrogen purification once. The feed stock was benzene, ethane and methane. -80F to -240F.
    The freezing point of benzene is 42F. There was a lot of it.
    The benzene did not freeze because of the volume of the gas passing through the small ports of the exchanger.

Sort of like a truck in boggy ground. Keep going. Don't stop. Yep, I am stressed out tonight. :redface:

16. andserco

andserco Titty Profiler

Roy leave that freakng stress at work, all you need to worry about after work is getting a few drinks, a good dinner and playing with momma....thats it, anything else is not a concern...:joy:

17. pipe31

pipe31 pipe31

Then you should.

18. Jay 41

Jay 41 Whole-ass

Good luck with your decission Roy!:thumb:

19. HeatAir

HeatAir New Member

Roy, I feel the need to jump in here.

Several years ago a neighbor retired from his job. 33 plus years at the same company. To say he loved his job was an understatement, but there were some undercurrents that he didn't like.

To make the story short, he HATED retirement. His kids were long gone with lives of their own and is wife, well, his wife had her own things to do (she was a homemaker and was active in several church and charitable things).

He got up at the same time every morning and went to the same doughnut shop he had always gone to. The problem was that his buddies would leave and go to their jobs and he had no where to go. He'd sit there until 10 AM or so then go home.

He tried to un-retire, but no one would take him (too old?). He didn't want to go to Wal-Mart as a greeter.

Make sure you have something to do when you leave the working world. We moved away not long after the neighbor retired and we lost contact. I wonder to this day what happened to him.

Good luck.

20. bigbird

bigbird New Member

HMUUU, lets see, you`ll be going out of town.
    Tell cheryl i`ll see her again.:joy: