1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Who's the dumb ass

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by Texas-Tech, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Texas-Tech

Texas-Tech Official Geezer*

Had to go to a Sheraton hotel today and install a 10 hp motor in this pos
    [​IMG]

Just who in the hell would design some shit like this? I've seen many of these turds throughout the years and everytime I'd say to myself, sure hate to change out the motor in this pos...........................well today was the day. What a real pain in the ass that was. Two hundred pounds of fun, up the last flight of stairs and across the roof. Across a 6ft high section and kiss my ass. Don't walk in the center because the roof might not hold you type shit.

this was a 12 wire motor as was the old one. Diagram said l1-t1 and t11 l2-t2 and t10 then l3-t3 and t12. The motor would not start but pulled 71amps:shocked:. All right mf, now what. I've never seen one wired that way, usually the 10, 11 and 12 leads are wired together. Called the motor shop and they confirmed that so we changed the wiring.
    Now we wait on the internals to close back up for about an hour. Longer story short the ****ing l1 (black) wire was burnt in half where it rubbed through the back of the blower housing. Had to take the top off to find that.

That motor had 1/4" of clearance to get past the evap tubing and it was a ****ing miracle we didn't put a hole in something. :boid: Carrier

2. mike1020

mike1020 entitled millennial

I don't like those units

Daryl_Dixon likes this.
  3. R2D2-TX

R2D2-TX New Member

Never seen one and hope that I never will... that job looks like a real bitch.. you are a trooper TT

4. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

I'm a dumbass, but didn't design that hot mess

5. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

I know nothing and I didn't design it either

R2D2-TX likes this.
  6. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

I also hate and dread those units...specifically (but not exclusively) for that reason.

7. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

What I like best is how those units can turn changing filters into a 10 minute debacle per unit (or 20 minutes with wind, when you have to look for a safe place to stare the knife-shaped fiberglass-covered stripped-out panels)

****ing Carrier

8. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

You left out the Part about:3 hour ride out with a rookie tech who had a Burrito for breakfast, elevator in 5 story out of service,got up to roof and the Blazing Sun came out for the first 2 Hours,then a rainstorm as I troubleshooted 460/3 Phase,and your Vans A/C Broke on the way Home! Home , greeted by an empty Fridge of Beer and a "How was your Day Dear"?

9. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

I really like most of all, how the top liner in the cabinet comes down and gets pulled in flaky chunks into the blower. That's super great.

Anita sannich and LemonWizard like this.
  10. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

My cats never ask how my day was. Lol

11. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Because cats never have a bad day,and they could care less of ours!

Daryl_Dixon likes this.
  12. Jim54

Jim54 New Member

Had a building with 20+ of those junkpiles on it.:puke:

13. LemonWizard

LemonWizard Blinky Lights Wizard

Did you remember to put all the stripped screws back in? Those are factory spec.

Daryl_Dixon likes this.
  14. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

I really like those little T-shaped door "attacher" gizmos that are "secured" with stripped-out sheet metal screws. That is super great.

15. Joey791

Joey791 New Member

Wait until you get one with a bad exchanger, on the 2010 models 2 of the screws that hold the exchanger in place are behind that motor bracket.

otto likes this.
  16. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

That was my proudest unit design, ya bunch of pussies :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

JohnDillinger and Zman like this.
  17. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

Been there. Done that. Cashed the check.

18. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

[​IMG]

Zman likes this.
  19. pintofstout

pintofstout New Member

This was a carrier right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Texas-Tech

Texas-Tech Official Geezer*

Yes it was