1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Why to buy stock in aaon

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by aaonsaregarbage, Oct 11, 2017.

1. aaonsaregarbage

aaonsaregarbage New Member

everything on these units was built to fail. As a service company for aaon you only need 3 aaon accounts for each technician you have on board. It's a business owners dream. And if you hire right out of tech. School even better. 8 hours to hunt down a bad relay. Oh the leaks are the best on brand new units. Shake that money maker. As the tech. You just tell the customers I didn't build them I'm only here for the repair, do you know of a nice hotel near by. Or well sir I'm the only authorized aaon service company within 8 hours so you are aware of drive time? Boom shake your money maker. Then after 8 hours of failed programming of a jace you say I have to go back to the shop and let the boss try to reprogram this piece of garbage. I mean fine quality equipment. 16 hours drive time. Boom!!!$$$$.

2. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

Where do I begin? Well, first, your attitude alone would get you thrown off most of my accounts before lunch. Next, if a guy took eight hours ot find a failed relay, he should fire himself. If you think being an authorized service and repair company means you are the only one who can service an AAON unit, you are GRAVELY mistaken, most of the guys on this board service them. We have a bunch of them under contract, mostly because the local "authorized service company" blows donkey dik. My guys are much better with AAON equipment than their "factory trained" techs are. We have been "authorized service company" for equipment much more complicated than aaon units for many years. I have had to send guys all over the country for "training". Usually when we get there( yes I usually go too) they find out we know their equipment better than they do.

Finally, if you think someone would pay 16 hours of windshield time around here, its clear ot me that you live in Colorado and are taking too many chewables at the green mile. your mileage may vary.

Jay 41, LemonWizard, newtech and 3 others like this.
  3. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

I love working on Aaons. Roomy to work on.

mike1020 likes this.
  4. mike1020

mike1020 entitled millennial

If you as a tech have that many problems with that many units that takes that long to find and fix, you as a tech are doing something wrong.

newtech, Catpower and Zman like this.
  5. jpb2

jpb2 Dog Tard *

Cracker was the OP :)

mike1020 likes this.
  6. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

...and therefore you as a tech,is not a tech!

7. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

I'm sure aaon is happy to have you aboard! You promote the Company well.Grow a Conscience!

Catpower likes this.
  8. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

All the aaon units i've worked on were no better or worse than any other brand out there.

mike1020 and Catpower like this.
  9. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

You ought to be a Kohler Factory service tech for their environmental enclosures, my territory was N Texas S Oklahoma, they thought Houston and OK city were in north and south, 16 hours windshield time was normal, and they wouldn't let me stock any parts. I have had 33 chargeable hours replacing a $.50 air diaphragm

But I loved every minute of it, and never bad mouthed the hand that fed me

GTT likes this.
  10. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

But back in the 80's those environmental enclosures sold for $40-60,000,so they made a killing on them

Just keep the little woman's turbo powered dildo running

GTT likes this.
  11. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

around here there ate reps in every territory. the longest drive is no more than two hours within a territory. we have gone to other territitories on occasion because a local guy couldn't get to an issue or it was too complicated, but its rare.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  12. frozensolid

frozensolid Psychologist's Dream

The serial number inside the door is nice. If it ends up as a POS it should break the manu not the installing contractor.

crackertech likes this.
  13. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

I don't think the OP was saying it takes him 8 hrs to find a bad relay.

I think he remarked about hiring techs right out of school that would take 8 hrs to find a bad relay...and how that was quite profitable.

Just something I gleaned on the original read-through.

mike1020 likes this.
  14. HMD

HMD does it matter?

what's an aoon?

392problemchild likes this.
  15. crackertech

AAON it’s a rtu :D

16. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

When you look up RTUs in the Yellow Pages, the Aaon units are just above the Aardvard units.

GTT, jpb2 and crackertech like this.
  17. crackertech

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

18. HMD

HMD does it matter?

what's a rtu?

GTT and 392problemchild like this.
  19. crackertech

Road to Utah

20. knave

knave Undeterred

Opposite....................., of..........................
    A sub-basement unit..........

:D