1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Wrong Volt Heater.

Discussion in 'Refrigeration' started by Zman, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

So what would happen if a 230v drain line Heater was installed in one of theses reach ins that required a 110v? Would it not heat at all? Burn up? Cook the PVC drain? They both have the same Plug in connections and the Part # isn't easily seen,so I can see how someone would accidentally install the wrong one. I noticed because when I checked it for resistance, the readings were much higher than what the 110v is supposed to be, and confirmed my reads with a new one off my truck. Then I confirmed with the Manufacturer, it should be the 110v for this particular Reach In Freezer.

2. Texas-Tech

Texas-Tech Official Geezer*

Won't get hot

Zman likes this.
  3. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

A lot depends on the type of heater. Straight resistance or like the frost tex? Resistance heat 1/2 or less output. Frost Tex .........Dont know never tried it!

Bigger question clearly 2 totally different plugs are needed!

4. mike1020

mike1020 entitled millennial

@knave knows a place where the 120 volt drain pan heaters and 120 volt ecm fan motors have been running on 208 volts for almost two years

coldsnap likes this.
  5. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

She looks like this. The Red tape(230) vs white on the 110 was the only other identifiable marking if the paper tag is gone: IMG_20180210_174037.jpg