1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Yciv chiller

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by cookr68, Oct 1, 2017.

1. cookr68

cookr68 New Member

Hey guys, does anyone know why a york yciv would go into suction limiting alarm?

It seems intermittent i juat cant dind in the manual what the cause of it.

Thank you in advance

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2. Sdeery

Sdeery Machinist in training

My 2 cents.
    Look at the options, it should say GLYCOL OPERATION, if not the unit is running as normal water chiller, if you read the manual you will see that water and glycol operation having a different LP cutting points and also different antifreeze points.

sdeery

3. cookr68

cookr68 New Member

It is chilling water not glycol. We have had problems with this machine losing its refrigerant charge. Would low charge cause this?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

4. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

engineering-guide-yciv-60hz.pdf?la=en

5. freeworld

freeworld Freon Jockey

Low charge can cause this.
    Chilled water flow can cause this as well.
    Bad Xducer...
    There's a lot of things that can cause this. Really need to go through and troubleshoot the entire circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk